Saturday, November 20, 2010

Last Days in England

My last few days in England I did final preparations for the next phase of my Wandergliding adventure: Asia. Thankfully I didn’t have too much to do which enabled me to head out with my cousin Sid and his girlfriend Sonia for one last night at the Garden Gate pub. I was pleased that some of his friends turned up to bid me farewell.

Sid, Sonia and Cally in a deep discussion:

Sid holding court:

Some of the Garden Gate regulars (from left to right: Jeff, Eve, Simon, Caroline, Eli, Laura, Sid):

On my last day, Sid had the day off so we headed out to play some snooker and darts and have a few drinks. Later, we were joined by Thom, the bartender from the Gate....a nice way to finish off my time in England.

Pretending I actually can play snooker...damn they're big tables with narrow pockets!

Sid lovin' the action as Thom throws:

Sid's trick shot...the dart somehow rested there:

Saying goodbye to Sonia and Sid at Heathrow:

A big thanks to Sid and Sonia for allowing me to live with them for many weeks this year...it was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment