Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chillin’ in Goa

November 18th, 2010

I checked out of my room behind the German bakery and made the trek down to a place called 2Pac. I decided to make two trips with all of my gear in order to minimize the strain and realized it was a bit further down the beach than I remembered from yesterday...oh well, more exercise. The helpful young guy Raj was there again today (he showed me the huts yesterday) and I picked the one closest to the beach (which later turned out to be a mistake as they are constructing new huts right behind mine). I committed to a week and paid for it all (also a mistake, I probably could have paid for one night to see what it’s like and then decide...traveling lessons).

I had a pretty relaxed afternoon and eventually ended up at the Olive Garden (it’s becoming my second home). I chatted with the manager, Manu for a while and then a friend of his, Mehee, showed up with his chess board so I watched them battle it out. Manu won in the end but it was a good game.

Manu and Mehee battling it out:

I hung out on the beach in the evening reading my book by candlelight (“The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” that my cousin Sid gave to me on leaving England). Later I caught up with the three remaining Norwegian women and it was the last night for both Sunniva and Caroline. They also had to get up at the ridiculous time of 4am so we all had a relatively early night. It sure was nice to meet the Norwegians...fun ladies.

Life's good!

Hayward's 5000 beer and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by candlelight...sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment