Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Golfing and Celebrating - Last Full Day in England

It was a beautiful day on Thursday, June 17th, and Sonia had already left for her exam when Sid and I arose. We played nine holes at the Farnham par 3 golf course. Apart from one guy, I think no one else there was under 70 years old. Can’t blame them, it was a beautiful little course and what a great activity for a pensioner. This course had a lot more hills, trees and bunkers than the one in Weymouth but surprisingly we didn’t lose a single ball, well, I did but I found another so no net loss. I was pleased with my play although Sid felt he could have done better but that’s the nature of golf isn’t it.

Sid whacking one:

Me teeing off:

We went for lunch at the nearby Six Bells pub, did a little running around downtown Aldershot and then headed to the Funky End for a few drinks. Sonia met up with us there and thankfully she felt that the exam had gone quite well. We celebrated that fact with a few more drinks in the garden of the Crimea pub (I love the plentiful pubs in England; Sid reckons that there are 100 within a half hour walking distance of his place! Later that evening we had a game of Carcasonne and then Sonia obliged me with a bit of a fix up of my recent haircut. Hey, I fixed Betty's lid the other day, had to deal with mine!

Drinks at the Funky End:

The lovely couple of Sid and Son and the Crimea:

Sonia fixing my do:

The following morning we were all up early and then wished me well on my adventure. Thanks so much Sid and Sonia for hosting me for I’m sure a lot longer than you expected! It was awesome to get to know you too even better and even become friends with your friends. Aldershot feels like a second home to me now. See you in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment