Monday, June 21, 2010

For Betty or for Worse

I called the garage on Monday morning, the one that had originally fixed Betty’s non-stopping issue and the internal electrics. I was to bring it in the following morning. I worked on a few other items with the vehicle such as spray painting her new hat white. The mechanic Jerem spent 20 minutes looking at her the next day but he didn’t think there was much he could do...oh well, I’ll just have to deal with it. He did give me a great tip of killing her engine by putting it in 4th or 5th gear instead of 1st and then she wouldn’t lurch forward so violently, even reverse if I’m very close to someone in front. He also briefly looked at her heater but didn’t have any luck either. I made a few calls afterwards to guys who specialize in campervans but they didn’t think they could help. Oh well, I shouldn’t need the heater during the summer.

For some strange but lucky reason, Betty started stopping on her own when I turn the key...sweet! So let’s see, what problems are there with the lady..the heater doesn’t work, the fridge is not a 3 way one but a 2 way (works on gas and 240 volt but not the battery) and the hot water tap is kaput. Not a problem, let’s go! I decided to delay my departure yet a couple more days as Sonia was writing an English literature exam on Thursday and Sid also had the day off. We could go golfing at a local par 3 course and then meet up with Son for some post exam celebrations. I booked the ferry for Friday morning at 10am from Dover to Calais...excellent, the game is afoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment