Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Day Before...

On Saturday, April 3rd, the day before the wedding, everyone relocated to Hotel Rembrandt in Weymouth, where the reception will be held. I was the only one, along with my nephew, who wouldn’t be staying at the hotel for the next couple of nights. I opted for cabbing back to Shirley’s suddenly empty house to save some bones. After checking into rooms, a group gathered in the small bar beside the indoor swimming pool. I got to meet Auntie Jane (not an actual relative, just close friend of Shirley’s) and Uncle Jimmy (whom I had met back in 1995 while catching a first division football match in London). Their two daughters, Claire and Rebecca were there with their boyfriends Simon and Steve. Later a few other guests of the wedding appeared, Georgina (known as George), one of the bridesmaids and her boyfriend Sean. The honoured guests, Gemma and Charles also showed up and I went with Gemma to the room where the reception would be held to check on things and put out the name placemats for the seating arrangement. The room looked beautiful.

The reception room with the lovely bride-to-be:


That evening was a “carvery”. Pretty self explanatory, some nice roast beef, pork, potatoes and all the fixings. It was super yummy. It was a good way to meet some of the guests of the wedding before the actual event. Matthew and I taxied home close to midnight...it had to be a relatively early night as tomorrow’s a big day!

The lovely couple:


Me and two of my lovely nieces:


Siblings Sid and Gemma:

No comments:

Post a Comment