Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Fun with Family in Phoenix

November 4th-11th, 2014

The last members of my family that I had yet to see were my niece Brenna and my brother-in-law Brad in Phoenix.  Yup, I’d only been back in Victoria for two months but it was time to leave again.  With my family meeting in Costa Rica for Christmas, and me unsure of what I would do workwise in Canada during the winter I figured I might as well travel mostly by land to get there.  Plus I had originally planned to finish my trip around the world with Central and South America and I didn’t want the Indian ordeal to rob me of all the entire second half of my trip.

So I took the ferry over to Vancouver and hopped on a flight down to Phoenix.  Over the next week I was able to catch up with family as we engaged in a variety of activities ranging from mini-golf to go-karts, to swimming, laser tag, watching football at a sports bar and even a NASCAR race.  I’ll save NASCAR for the next posting as there’s too much to talk about with that one.

On the ferry to Vancouver:

It was wonderful to spend time with Brenna as she’s only just started grade 1 and didn’t remember much about Uncle Dave and unfortunately was always shy to talk on Skype while I was in India.  It didn’t take long for her to warm up to me and she’s a lovely little girl.

Brenna in her classroom:

Sarah's 15 year old dog, Mocha:

The Castle O'Fun: 

First mini-golf:

Then laser tag:

I got ambushed by Brenna and Sarah:

Time for some Mario Kart racing:

Nice monikers:

Okay, now real go-karting:

Sarah's off:

It was wonderful to spend time with Brenna as she's only just started grade 1 and didn't remember much about Uncle Dave and unfortunately was always shy to talk on Skype while I was in India.  It didn't take long for her to warm up to me and she’s a lovely little girl.

On the Sunday before I left, Brad and Sarah’s friend’s husband Blair had tickets for an Arizona Cardinals football game and the rest of us ventured down to a sports bar area to watch the game.  We picked up Tudor, brother-in-law of my stepmom and he was the emcee at my father’s Celebration of Life ceremony.  It was wonderful to catch up with him as I view him as an uncle I never really had.

The plaza:

Go Cards Go!

Little head...big body:

The football frenzy:

The week past by quickly but it was an awesome one and thankfully I’ll see Sarah, Brenna and Brad in only a month’s time.  Now it’s time to begin a new travelling adventure…Mexico, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment