Wednesday, December 22, 2010

These 2 Minute Flights Have to Goa

December 4th, 2010

I awoke at 9am to the sound of an axe chopping a nearby tree to my hut. I heard the unmistakeable creaking sound of it start to fall and almost thought my roof might be caving in...but no. I dozed for a bit longer and then headed out for a jog.

After lunch the wind had picked up so I grabbed my wing and began the walk up to launch. Arriving there I found Alieg, the Ukrainian pilot I have previously met, about to take off and a buddy of his was in the air. Another Ukrainian arrived almost immediately. I let him take off before me but unfortunately the wind was starting to die down and they didn’t have long flights, nor did I. I only made 3 or 4 passes before it was obvious that I’d be heading to land. Oh well, it’s always good to get into the air!

A pilot flying by:

Coming in to land:


A post flight beer:

Even the cows enjoy the sunset:

No comments:

Post a Comment