Saturday, May 7, 2011

Taking a Break from Goa

May 2nd, 2011

With the weather getting hotter and more humid coupled with the fact that the beaches are emptying out of foreigners, the winds are turning stronger and causing the sand to form mini dunes, the occasional offshore are dumping of oily bilge crap from ships...it’s time to get out of Dodge for a bit. I decided that I would head north to the state of Himachal Pradesh for the month of May. I’ve wanted to head to this Himalayan region for a number of years now, at least since 2007 when I visited Nepal. Unfortunately I will not be taking my paraglider as my back is still not 100% yet.

The quiet beach of Arambol:



Looking back from the ridge:

Sweetwater beach was even quieter:

So I bid you adieu Goa for a while. I will definitely not miss the man, or horker as I call him, that has woken me up most mornings for the past month by a disgusting ritual he does outside my bedroom window of sticking three fingers down to draw up phlegm, saliva and who knows what else. The sound he makes doesn’t even seem humanlike! On the last morning I saw that a woman, I presume his wife, does the same thing, but not with as much oomph. Yes, probably more info than you wanted to hear but if you are curious...check out the following video!

The horker:


Later Arambol.

No comments:

Post a Comment