Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Full Power

May 2nd, 2011

Over the past 5 months I’ve noticed a certain catch phrase used in a surprising number of contexts...that phrase: “Full Power”. I first heard Marvin, the kite surfing god from Holland use it when describing the wind (and have to admit I liked the way he said it the best). Then it was Deano talking about the wind with regards to paragliding, which is a different, lower level of full power than Marvin’s context. But soon I heard it to talk about a night of partying “Full Power Music” or “Full Power Drinking”. Another case was recounting the degree of intensity of the sun shining down on the beach. Later, with the World Cup of Cricket, there was of course “Full Power Bowling” and “Full Power Batting”!

The Full Power Tattoo Parlour (closed for the season):

Random signpost placement:

Now this one made sense, Full Power on an electrical transformer!

Other vendors are catching on to the phrase...Full Power Chocolate!

At first I thought it was a localized phenomenon at Arambol Beach as there is a local tattoo parlour called “Full Power” and they have been branding the place by giving out stickers that seem to be quite popular and are ubiquitous. However, within an hour of arriving in Panchgani while walking with the motley crew of backpackers and paraglider pilots staying at the Eco Camp, Natalie from Holland said something to me which included the phrase “Full Power”. Unfortunately I can’t recall the topic I was just more surprised that she said it and I had to point it out. I heard her and the paraglider pilot Dave from England use it a few more times over the course of the week. I believe it was mentioned in one conversation about whether the painkiller suppositories “Just In” were working...”Yup, Full Power!”, I replied.

I was on a scooter near Vagator Beach (15 km from Arambol) and saw this...it's probably impossible for you to see but someone painted on the road "Full Power Music" for a New Year's Eve party in this field by the ocean:

Okay, I have to join in the act...stuck one on the back of my paragliding helmet:

You only have one life...so why not do it, with FULL POWER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment