Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The World Cup of Cricket Final

April 2nd, 2011

Last night I woke up to a big bang...but then dozed off again. In the morning there was someone knocking incessantly at my door. It was Michael, the guy working at Classic Huts and he mentioned that there was an electrical problem. Turns out that the commotion last night was a palm tree crashing down beside my house! It crushed the top brick of a fence, pulled some electrical wires but other than that, not much damage.

The fallen palm tree:

The busted fence:

Today was the big game...the cricket finals in Mumbai with India battling it out against fellow host team Sri Lanka. The game started at 2:30 and went on into the evening. The game can be interesting at times...but it still goes on for too long. I couldn’t help but laugh at the Olive Garden boys...most of whom were sleeping only an hour into the game. I thought about the Stanley Cup finals in ice hockey in North America...and there’s no way you’d find any of us sleeping during that! I have to admit that even I retired to my house for a nap half way through.

Excited cricket fans:

Cool Pinku:

Not so excited cricket fans:

Thankfully India prevailed and there was much rejoicing!

The big celebration:

No comments:

Post a Comment