Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Landings

January 28th, 2011

There are a few landing options at Arambol Beach. One can land on the Sweet Water beach which is in the middle of the two ridges we fly on, on Qierem Beach, which is to the north (I’ve only landed there once after sinking out...and it’s a bit of a walk back) and the last option is on the main Arambol Beach itself. This is my favourite option as I can usually land right in front of the Olive Garden restaurant where the hut I stay in is located...so no walk back at all!

Recently a really high tide at night created a small lake beside the restaurant but I didn’t let that phase me with regards to landing here...but I sure came close to looking like a bit of a chump (with a couple of wet feet)...however, I pulled it off and looked more like a rock star! Landing by the little lake by the Olive Garden:



Another flight, 4-5 days later, I left the hill just above launch so I knew I didn’t have a ton of height to make it to the restaurant. I contemplated landing out on the flat sand instead of my usual spot when I spotted Panna, one of the restaurant managers, with some dogs and so I went for him. I left my last turn into the wind until the last possible moment and ended up having a bit of a swoop landing. Again, could have been a chump but turned out to be a champ!

Swooping in to land by Panna:


Happy Landings!

No comments:

Post a Comment