Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ground hog day at St. Andre

Saturday, September 11th

Ground hog day...I took the shuttle bus up to launch and being the weekend, there were at least 10-20 more pilots today than yesterday...still not bad. Just a week ago they had the British Nationals here with 150 competitors...that’s mayhem. I chose to wait for the conditions to develop and was in the last 5-7 to launch. Still there were no cumulus clouds in the sky even though it was 1:30pm. I headed further north than I have before here on this flight. I didn’t quite get as high as I did yesterday but flew much further. I made it at least 15 kilometers north of launch but only made it about 7 back. I got flushed down at the end but was lucky that an older couple, the guy being a paraglider pilot, stopped to give me a lift. I rapidly packed up my wing and was gratefully saved from a 14 km walk back! Another good day in St. Andre!

The pilots on launch:

About to take off:

Looking towards St. Andre:

Comfortable in flight:

Checking the flight deck:

Gotta love the view:

Flying with a yellow glider...working together trying to scratch up the "Cheval Blanc" (White Horse):


Getting high above the mountains:

Happy after a safe landing...even though I may have a 15 km walk back to camp:

No comments:

Post a Comment