Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Woken up by Thunderstorms

Friday, August 13th

I didn’t even clue in until I started to type this entry (a few days later) that it was Friday the 13th...not that I’m the superstitious type. Today was an off day (off from paragliding) as I was woken up at 5:30am by some nasty loud thunder. I can’t recall the last time that I was woken up by thunder. Well the rest of the day it rained, and rained and rained. So I slept in a bit, read my book, had a late breakfast, early lunch and eventually decided to head into town to check out the local museum which Holly had visited when she was here. It was mostly dedicated to the WWI battles fought here and they certainly had an amazing collection of photographs. I couldn’t imagine what those soldiers went through. It was super cool to see the pictures of them up on Krn, having just flown over it two days prior.

After the museum I had a beer at Teja’s and then headed back to camp. A number of campers had left but those who remained filled the covered areas in the restaurant, eating, drinking or using the WiFi (as I was). I actually didn’t mind having this non-flying day...it recharges the batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment