Thursday, July 8, 2010

Short Flight in Saleve

Monday, July 5th

I stayed at the campsite until checkout time at 11:30 as I wanted to use up all of my Internet access (catching up on emails and my blog) and Saleve is an afternoon site so there was no rush. Thankfully she started up (she likes cold starts, not hot ones) and I headed back into France. I parked on the same slope and caught the cable car up top. This time I opted to hike 20 minutes, mostly uphill, to the main launch, and it was worth the walk. Yet another big astro-turf launch. I hung out for about half an hour, catching up on my flight logbook and then took to the sky. As I had expected, the site still wasn’t quite on yet so I lost 500 meters quite quickly. I then boated up and down a few hundred meters in some thermals coming off of the gravel pit below. Eventually I landed in the smaller French LZ and walked back to Betty and drove back to Annecy...I’m not done with that place yet!

Betty near the non-existant Franco-Swiss border:

The big launch at Saleve:

In flight:

The view south:

Betty back at the Annecy campsite:

No comments:

Post a Comment