Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Happy Holi!

March 17th, 2014

Ah...my favourite Hindu festival, the festival of colours...Holi!  I have blogged a few times about Holi in past years so I’m not going to write too much and let the pictures do the talking.  This year Holi really kicked off in Arambol, especially at a street party where Kelly, Vicky, Dominique (another Brit) and I got fully into the crazy action.  Someone had set up some speakers and so everyone was dancing in the street while hurling coloured powder at each other and yelling “Happy Holi!”.  Those driving down the street had to run a gauntlet and few bike riders made it through unscathed while cars tended to keep their windows rolled up even in the oppressive 37 C heat.  Let’s just say...it got a bit messy...

This was actually the day before...Holi is celebrated over 7-9 days, depending on who you ask, and where I live on cliffside, it went off the day before the main event in Arambol:

Okay, now it's the main day...and I ran into these Swedish Superwomen en route to the Olive Garden:


Starting to get coloured up with Ram:

The Olive Garden kitchen is getting in the mood:

So is the manager...Manu:

Well then there's Vicky from England:

With my British Babes:

Smiles all around:

Let the party start:

Street dancing:

He looks passed out..but really he's just checking his colour supply:

Bring on the yellow:

Running the gauntlet:

Which Hindu goddesses are these?
Lovely smile Kell:


Maybe even better?

The dancing continues:

Dominique, were you in Avatar?  As the sad one?

Very happy Vicky:

We're gettin' down...or something...not sure:

A rainbow of radiance:

Super Selfie:

Happy Holi!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi friend!
    Thanks for the photo! I on the scooter with his wife.
    I have a video on that day. you're on it.
    contact me on mail:
    goodyniks@gmail.com
    Happy Holi!!!!

    ReplyDelete