Saturday, May 15, 2010

An Unexpected Visit

While Betty was in the garage, on Sunday March 9th, we had some unexpected visitors from Weymouth. Auntie Shirley, my cousin Gemma and her new hubby Charles drove up for a day trip. I guess they figured that this might be the last time they see me before I head off for the summer on the continent. I think this was the third time that they thought I had already set off! How nice of them to do the 2+ hour drive each way just to spend the afternoon with me.

We went for lunch at the Funky End pub and then went back to Sid and Son's apartment to play a new game, "The Oxford Dictionary Game" that Sid had just purchased in the morning at the boot fair that we went too (in general it was a bit of a pathetic boot fair). Surprisingly Sonia and Gemma were the winners! I thought I was going to be a shoe in as my partner was Shirley, a recently retired English teacher.

Lunch at the Funky End:

Playing the Oxford Dictionary game:

My beautiful cousin Gemma:

We had a nice Skype phone call with my dad and Nola before the Weymouthians set off for home. Thanks for the visit guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment