Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Day After

The day after the party, Sunday March 21st, we ventured down to Sid & Sonia’s favourite watering hole, The Funky End, to meet up with Claire & Dave, Matt & Carolyn, Claire & Simon and some others. The cake was finally cut and served after lunch (amazingly it had survived the party) and to everyone’s delight, not only did it look good but tasted great too (albeit super sweet). After some pints I was able to convince some of the group that we should venture outside to enjoy the nice weather of mixed clouds with some sun. We cruised by Sid & Sonia’s flat and picked up my Frisbee and went to the Municipality Park, only a few blocks from their place. Matt, Sid and I enjoyed chucking the disc around. It was my disc golf disc so it wasn’t always easy or fun to catch but the throwing was good. We moved on to the Garden Gate, a somewhat regular pub place for Sid and Son. The pints kept flowing, probably more than they should have been but I wasn’t the instigator near the end, nor was I one who had to get up in the morning to go to work!

Needless to say, the following day was a bit of a write off and apart from getting some groceries and cooking some chilli for Monday night’s dinner, I didn’t do much. Sarah, Brad and Brenna arrived on Monday afternoon, a few days ahead of schedule due to the British Airways cabin crew strike. Sid picked them up in the afternoon while my only aunt, Shirley, arrived from Weymouth after some doctor appointments in town. So we had a big group for dinner...the crew is starting to assemble for my other cousin Gemma’s impending wedding!

Sid and Sonia:


The princess:


The cutting of the princess fairy cake:

No comments:

Post a Comment